NYT best selling author

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A new addition


After searching high and low for just the right dog for our family, I think we have a winner.

Jessie is a 3.5 year-old saluki mix. Emphasis on the 'mix'. Though no one seems to know what the mix part is. She's black and tan, shorter and stockier than the saluki in the photo at the link, and has a thick coat. When she stands to look at something, she reminds me of a small golden retriever with a collie-face.

We were very picky in our selection. We didn't want a puppy. We wanted a medium-sized dog who is housebroken, doesn't bark, doesn't chew on the furniture, doesn't need a huge amount of exercise, and doesn't shed. We got everything we wanted except the 'doesn't shed' part. Yay.

2 comments:

Jolene said...

Awwwww. And you'll get used to the shedding. I don't even notice when I find cat hairs in any and all places they're not supposed to be. But I do get a lot of strange looks when I wear dark clothing (my cat is orange). But I'm sure those people are just jealous of my fabulous fashion sens. Yeah.

ilse said...

Oh, she's adorable. And I don't even like dogs.